Tuesday, October 13, 2015

More than one book

Well, I haven't blogged in awhile, and I'm sorry. The only reason I haven't blogged in awhile, is due to life getting in the way.

I have recently finished reading (listening to) two different books. The first of which was American wife by Taya Kyle, the wife of now deceased Chris Kyle, the sniper movie American sniper is based on.

As I started to listen to it I kept thinking, I'm not gonna like this book, why am I even wasting my time listening when I'm not even into these kinds of books? But I got myself past the first chapter and thought totally different. As good as her book was, I couldn't put it down, nor stop listening. For anybody who has watched the movie American sniper since it's been out, you may understand a bit when I say to hear his story from his wife's/widow's eyes and point of view is amazing. I totally recommend the read/listen. I don't wanna give to much away, except this, you'll want to have tissues handy.

The other book I've just finished listening to was 90 minutes in heaven by Don Piper. For anybody that knows, he is the gentleman that back in 1989, he was hit and immediately killed on a bridge in Texas. But only for 90 minutes did he die, upon the adamance of a close friend, who was adamant about praying "for the dead", went against all police and emergency medical personal, and went in and prayed for him and started singing and praising God, and that was when Don came back from heaven and started singing. Go figure, a dead man singing? The police and ems didn't believe the pastor either, but after checking his pulse, they found: He was Alive. But then, he went through years of agony and pain and lessons that he learned from and started helping others in his predicament. They've dubbed him, The pastor of hope. But he's not just a pastor of hope, he's a walking testimony.

This is another read I will highly recommend. The other book I've just started listening to is Don Piper's heaven is real, which I'll give a review to when I'm done. Enjoy and have a great night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment